We bring insight and judgement to help you implement solutions to deliver digital technology
Our regular series of posts of what we are noticing and what we are learning through our work with our clients.
- Show don’t Tell: A new (to me) perspective on change leadershipAs an experienced consultant with a professional heritage in engineering, I have absolutely no academic credentials in literature or any other media. However, with children that studied film and literature at first degree level and also as someone that enjoys films, I have come to understand the idea of ‘show don’t tell’ as used in […]
- Importance of the NewLike all of us, the Laing Russell team has had many new consulting experiences in recent weeks and months. Our own learning from these new experience has prompted us to reflect on the very significant value of proactively seeking out the ‘new’, the ‘the road less travelled’ to encourage development and change. The challenge of […]
- Enterprise Change done right: keep your vision in mindWhatever the label used by our clients, be that transformation, digital, agile or change, fundamentally we see our purpose as enabling change. Laing Russell is about getting enterprise change done right. Recent Bain & Company research endorsed our perspective that the central focus of any programme of work in this area should focus on changing […]
- Stories as a key tool for changeWe got some valuable advice from a learning and development colleague to just start. Start writing up and sharing our insight, don’t wait until you are clear and definitive on what might be called a content strategy. Bring a more agile, iterative approach to our consultancy by sharing our insight with our client community. Especially, […]
- So, what’s so special about Connected Coaching?As a mechanical engineer who started work in the chemical industry, entered the consulting profession through the project management practice in the late 1980’s, I started with practically zero understanding of coaching as an approach to development. All my experience of leadership development and management training had been through the classic in-company and open programmes. […]